Morning Thanks

Garrison Keillor once said we'd all be better off if we all started the day by giving thanks for just one thing. I'll try.

Friday, June 24, 2022

Taking a bit of a leave

 


Those of you who watch this blog more than occasionally will get a rest, just as I will. That's me and that's Barb beside me, downtown Oostburg, Wisconsin, forty years ago. We lived just across the street from Mentink's Foods. 

It'll be tough for me not to write in the early mornings, but we're off to Arizona, where our married life began, our whole family, kids and grandkids, coming with. 

It's our fiftieth. You only get one of them. I'll likely start up again somewhere around the Fourth.  

Thanks for reading--

jcs

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your trip to Arizona is a good one, Jim. I think it's cool that you're going there for the celebration. I have four more years to wait before our 25th. Cheers, DS

Anonymous said...

It will be good when you're back and blogging! Have a great time.

J. C. Schaap said...

We did. It was wonderful--the whole thing, all the kids, all the Arizona beauty.