Morning Thanks

Garrison Keillor once said we'd all be better off if we all started the day by giving thanks for just one thing. I'll try.

Monday, January 25, 2021

Hammerin' Hank: 1934 - 2021

 

He was a man who could not be more deserving of his own heroic reputation and character. He was a gem, a star, a prince--in reality one of American's great heroes. At the Martin Luther King National Historic Park I spotted his footprints the International Civil Rights Walk of Fame. 

If you click here, you can hear my story of finding him at the MLK Memorial.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

he sat in the Dawg Pound, alone, for games, and I told him, ‘Hank, we can get you better seats than that.’ He said, ‘I don’t want ‘em. I love sitting there.’”
http://voxday.blogspot.com/2021/01/even-icons-are-human.html
thanks,
Jerry

Anonymous said...

Stuart DiNenno
PEOPLE WITH UNDERLYING CONDITIONS DIED OF COVID, BUT PEOPLE WHO DIED OF COVID VACCINE DIED OF THEIR UNDERLYING CONDITIONS.
THANKS,
JERRY