Morning Thanks

Garrison Keillor once said we'd all be better off if we all started the day by giving thanks for just one thing. I'll try.

Friday, December 11, 2020

The Frio River's suggestions

 


On the second Wednesday of Advent, Scott Cairns, from Isaiah 40, tells us that the prophet discovers and then proclaims that God is beyond compare--he is unknowable. And then he determines to clear the thicket of paradox that is the Creator of Heaven and Earth.

God is, finally, unknowable. Still, while he is not to be absolutely known, he is apparently willing to reveal something of himself to us at nearly every turn. Think of it like this: he cannot be exhausted, by our ideas about him, but he is everywhere suggested.

That put me in mind of photographs I took just off the Frio River a bundle of years ago, none of which capture the size and power of the place, but instead the odd beauty in and of its intimacies. I don't know that I've ever shown anyone these shots, but I like them, particularly because I can't help thinking that even in the hill country's lonely, weedy places, as Cairns says, "he is everywhere suggested."








3 comments:

Robert McCain said...

If you need to hire a real hacker to remotely monitor / hack your partner's phone, recover your stolen bitcoin / any other cryptocurrency, or hack a database with guaranteed privacy, contact easybinarysolutions@gmail.com or whatsapp: +1 3478577580, they are efficient and confidential.

George said...

I initially invested a total of $105,000 over a period of 5 weeks my broker. My bonus/profit was $402,798 every attempt to make withdrawal failed and i was instructed to make another deposit of $25,000 before I can make withdrawals which i did. Yet i unable to make withdrawals and all attempt to contact broker proved futile . This is very pathetic and i felt so bad losing my investment. I did a due diligence test before investing with them but guess what I ended up getting burned. This is to create awareness, not everybody can be as lucky as I was. I'm saying this because I was able to recover my funds. Thanks to this recovery team, they have the best wealth recovery experts…Contact their mail for more inquiries cryptorefunder360(at)gmail(dot)com or  whatsApp: +13349559030 , Thought someone might find this information useful.

Anonymous said...

kobe shoes
golden goose
kyrie shoes
supreme new york
bape t shirt
yeezy
off white hoodie
kyrie 7
kd13
curry 8