Morning Thanks

Garrison Keillor once said we'd all be better off if we all started the day by giving thanks for just one thing. I'll try.

Wednesday, June 03, 2020

This morning



This morning the new world beckoned. I didn't have to go far at all to pick up the goods. First, I just stepped out back. The gentle burn of dawn is always a joy, but this morning's had a graceful curve, from rare windlessness, I'd guess. 


So I took off down the road, hoping to find something. Meanwhile, first light was being downright kaleidoscopic. 



Finally, when the glow was morphing into morning, I came up on Hwy 60, where, along the tracks, I spotted this image. It may be this morning's champ, at least I thought so when I saw how the railroad tracks walked out in front and headed for the morning sun. 


"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up." Anne Lamott

Early morning advice, good stuff for our troubled moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of His hands."
Psalm 19:1