Morning Thanks

Garrison Keillor once said we'd all be better off if we all started the day by giving thanks for just one thing. I'll try.

Monday, June 26, 2023

A little break up north


For close to two decades, I've left a warm bed early in the morning, come downstairs, snapped on the desktop, called up the website, and said something, lots of things, right here on the page. I don't know how long that will continue. in fact, there may be a break starting tomorrow--may, I say, because I do have some plans. 

Just thought I'd mention it because we're leaving in just a couple of hours for a respite (excuse my language--we're retired, we have no need of a respite) in northern Minnesota. For many years, a week or so "up north," as they say, was a blessing, twice a year too; first, early summer, and then again to do the color thing, first week of October.

In anticipation, I'll put some pictures up. Tomorrow is our anniversary--51. Last year's Arizona extravaganza was memorable. This year's will be far more silent and significantly shorter (not to mention less expensive), but as much a joy, just the two of us. Here's some shots, "up north."








I'll try to snag some similars in the next couple of days. Don't hold your breath. This is a quick trip. 

I'm anxious to get on the road.

No comments: