Morning Thanks

Garrison Keillor once said we'd all be better off if we all started the day by giving thanks for just one thing. I'll try.

Tuesday, April 02, 2024

your nutty uncle in Freeport



In case you missed it, what follows is (present tense) Donald Trump's Easter greeting to the world on his Truth Social Network, which, by the way, is, as a corporation, now trading publicly. If you hurry on over, you can pick up some shares, although you may want to wait because lower prices are inevitable, as soon as this afternoon.

His beloved Easter greeting made the news all over. If you didn't see it before. You may want to ask your smart speaker to play something soft and endearing--"Beautiful Savior" or something else as background as you peruse.


I'm totally with Jimmy Fallon who said last night, honestly, that if you received this from your batty uncle in Freeport, you'd call around to family and friends and begin to plan an intervention. Do you honestly know any other human being who would bookend this all-caps venom with "Happy Easter"? 

The man has quite literally captured the hearts and souls of millions, tens of millions of Americans, but he's psycho-screwy, plainly demented.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The latest Smithsonian has an article on Sojourner Truth. I did not know she started out speaking Dutch.

I still think the Dutch should get reparations for New Amsterdam. I would not want to join a club that would have me as a member -- as A J Nock wrote.

I am far removed from today's political clown car. I did notice that "white rural rage" has shown up on the media radar.

The "nutty uncle" hit nerve with me. At a recent family gathering I mentioned to two (retired?) military officers that Vandegrift had wrote in 1971 that the Japanese had shipped Amelia Earhart to Saipan after picking her up. "Vandegrift was asleep" was the conditioned dismissal.

thanks,
Jerry