Morning Thanks

Garrison Keillor once said we'd all be better off if we all started the day by giving thanks for just one thing. I'll try.

Wednesday, December 04, 2019

Fly-catcher, scissor-tailed too


Took me a while to get close enough to this guy to get any kind of picture at all. I hadn't even seen him (or her), but hearing this fine feathered friend from Oklahoma was absolutely no problem. What a song! If, as an old friend of mine likes to say, most bird's singing is either about sex or real estate, then I'm thinking this guy must be among the most blessed men (or women) around. 

Good night--talk about jabberer! I thought I'd never hear the end of it. Listen to him. 



Here's a better shot, out of the sun (not mine).


He's a scissor-tailed flycatcher (I think), and he's Oklahoma's state bird, even adorns their licence plates these days.

All I know this bird with the outsized tail can out-croon just about anyone, with a song as entertaining as magic. What a talker.


No comments: