Morning Thanks

Garrison Keillor once said we'd all be better off if we all started the day by giving thanks for just one thing. I'll try.

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Saturday Morning Catch--September mist

The first frost of the season--far too early--left a swampy mist on Saturday morning, a thick cloud, over the Big Sioux River valley.  I don't remember who said it anymore--I'm not good with such things--but some wise foto-bug once said that photography doesn't show you things, it teaches you where to look and how to see.  Ever since we moved out into the country, I haven't spent Saturday mornings looking for beauty because dawn breaks gloriously right outside my window.  Saturday, it was time for a little therapy, so I took off, and a cloudy gossamer world opened up quite graciously.  

No comments: