Morning Thanks

Garrison Keillor once said we'd all be better off if we all started the day by giving thanks for just one thing. I'll try.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Saturday Morning Catch--Little Sioux River valley


Went east, not west this Saturday morning. Drove about 45 minutes up and down a valley as pitched as any around the Big Sioux. I'd never been there before--the valley of the Little Sioux, back roads from Sutherland to Peterson.  

What was it Dorothy Lange said?--"A camera is an instrument created to teach us to see without a camera." 

Dawn spread gold dust over everything for about a half hour, and then those clouds--see 'em coming up there?--filled the sky. It's a gorgeous valley, so flush with beauty that I couldn't help but leave tons behind. I'll probably try again, but there will always be more than my camera can carry. 

jschaap's Little Sioux River Valley album on Photobucket

1 comment:

Brian H. said...

These are breathtaking. Thanks. --Brian Huseland