Morning Thanks

Garrison Keillor once said we'd all be better off if we all started the day by giving thanks for just one thing. I'll try.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Saturday morning catch--Thanksgiving milkweeds



This fall the milkweeds finished dispensing seeds at least a month early, sadly enough. They're normally the single element of a November landscape worth much as a close-up, so these pics are several years old.  But I'm still out of town, so I thought I'd put them up again, a reminder of ordinary Novembers.  

I shot them, I remember, the day after Thanksgiving, just south of Sandy Hollow. Even though I know--I've hoed 'em--they're a royal pain in the butt and back when they infiltrate a field of soybeans, in cold prairie winds of early winter, they still seem somehow precious.

Maybe something like us.

No comments: