Morning Thanks

Garrison Keillor once said we'd all be better off if we all started the day by giving thanks for just one thing. I'll try.

Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Morning Thanks--What's just outside our door




So I get this note from Delta last night, a voice mail--"We're very sorry, but your flight [add number and all of that] has been affected by a change in departure time" and etc., etc., etc.  Affected, is right.  Totally altered. I needed an entire new itinerary.

Which I got, deftly and helpfully, by a Delta guy I swore was from Texas, but claimed Georgia roots.  Named James. 

So I'm still here, home, for the morning. Otherwise, I'd be on a plane going west.  

I got up late, grabbed an apple--my normal morning's first course, and looked out back to the river, gulped, and then tried to chase it down--all that immense beauty--with my trusty camera.



We get this taste of heaven before winter, don't we?--this decadent bath of russets and bronze, of sheer gold set boldly against a deep backdrop of pure azure. I'm sure there are places where the visions might hold even more October grandeur, but this morning, just out back, I found something quite capable of taking my breath away.  Or it found me.

Just think, war'nt for some mechanic's wrench or something, I would have never seen it at all, would'a been on a plane.



Reason enough for morning thanks.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see a few straight limbs for bows. I love you shots of Sioux County.