Morning Thanks

Garrison Keillor once said we'd all be better off if we all started the day by giving thanks for just one thing. I'll try.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Morning Thanks--Thanks


"The time is nearly here; I'm SO THANKFUL to God for this opportunity... God's strength is truly made perfect in weakness! I can only hope my life is a living testimony of this truth."

Facebook--the posting of a former student who is, this morning, going into a classroom for her very first day of teaching, a task and calling I know she's wanted to try for years.
She's quadraplegic, but years ago already, when she was a student in my classes, it was perfectly obvious to me that technology, that gift from God, gives her every ability to conquer whatever work is required.  A week or so from now, I'm sure she will read her students' papers more closely than I would, more responsively, and probably more compassionately.
This little Facebook outburst makes me smile, almost cry.  Her thanks is a testimony.
And that's why, this morning, simply enough, her upper-case THANKS are mine. 

No comments: