Morning Thanks

Garrison Keillor once said we'd all be better off if we all started the day by giving thanks for just one thing. I'll try.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Misty July morning on the lake


For the life of me, I can't figure out why I can't get photos up on the site. Anyway, try this--click here to see this morning's.

The sky shook and the rains came and the wind shifted graciously from the northwest, brining cool, dry air to the northwoods (not that we were sweltering).  This morning's dawn arose in a thin mist that rose from water vastly warmer than the air.  If I didn't get it right, it was my fault.  It was beautiful on the lake.

Don't miss the loons, even if they were a little skittish this morning with junior around (or missy).  Nor the beaver.  I could have sworn it was a lowly muskrat, but the picture shows a tail any muskrat would die for.  Almost had to be a beaver, but probably a tweener or something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I can almost hear those loons. Crazy huh? No loons out here where I now live, in the smoke haze and forest fires. We got almost 1/4 inch rain last night. That will bring our total this year to almost four inches. Thats real good for this time of year. Enjoyed the memories!