Morning Thanks

Garrison Keillor once said we'd all be better off if we all started the day by giving thanks for just one thing. I'll try.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Breakfast with the loons. . .

--that's overstatement.  I wouldn't care for the cuisine mom and dad fish up from the bottom of the lake and feed to the kid, but I was blessed to be up close to the meal this morning.  Canada puts them on their coins, Minnesota calls them their state bird, and they're worth every bit of celebration, especially when they let me creep up close.

Check them out.  They're just wonderful.   

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AND, on the lighter side, or heavier. Michelle O. had a 1556 cal. LUNCH the other day. Isn't she the one blasting kids in school for eating JUNK food. Seems she can speak a good tongue just like her husband.

Anonymous said...

Seems that I can hear a Repub Loon chattering somewhere. Thanks for the great picts of those dark colored birds caring for their babies.

Anonymous said...

Leave the First Lady alone. One of the keys to staying healthy is to view diet in a playful way. That means indulging yourself every now and then. I lost 20 pounds a few years ago and still allow myself the odd high-calorie meal. My weight remains in the right place, my levels are correct and I can run 10 milesn my sleep.

As for Obama, it was greed that got us into this mess, not some lawyer who ignored opportunities to make big $$ in the legal field so that he could make $10,000 a year as a community organizer in Chicago instead. Yeah, what a jerk. What we Americans don't understand about ourselves makes us American.