Morning Thanks

Garrison Keillor once said we'd all be better off if we all started the day by giving thanks for just one thing. I'll try.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A northwoods walk


The northwoods seem shy this year, or maybe we're just up here early. One way or another, the pines and hardwoods have kept their best closeted, which makes landscapes tough. Maybe by Saturday they'll get into their resplendent best.

All of which is not to say there's no beauty in the northwoods this late September. One just has to look a bit closer. Even if you can't see the forest, you can't miss the leaves.

Photography, after all, is all about light. You walk through the woods and drama abounds, not to mention color. Just a bit more abstract, maybe, than the usual. We may well be a week from "peak color," as they say, but I can live with second or third best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, till I got to the 3 yr part, I thought this
was something I had posted and forgotten about.


my blog: legal drugs (www.legaldrugsforsale.com)