Morning Thanks

Garrison Keillor once said we'd all be better off if we all started the day by giving thanks for just one thing. I'll try.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Saturday Morning Catch


Two weeks lost to cloudy grayness. The sun came up nakedly bright this morning, nary a cloud in sight. Here and there, lines of snow--some of it dirty, some not--filled the ditches. But once the sun was up, whatever spring green was already in the grasses flowered nicely and created that odd seasonal mix one sees out here almost every April--buds in snow. The morning was cold and bright, not optimum for landing the real lunkers.

I thought maybe I could catch some steam rising from the Big Sioux, but while I was at it a couple of Iowa deer (I was on the South Dakota side) wandered up for awhile upwind and let me shoot. I'd left my hefty lens in the car--not smart. Anyway, I had enough reach with the lens I had on to see 'em.

No champs in this morning's catch, but it was a great sunrise service, Easter or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alleluia, deerly beloved creatures all!