Morning Thanks

Garrison Keillor once said we'd all be better off if we all started the day by giving thanks for just one thing. I'll try.

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Saturday Morning's Icy Catch

The weekend's weather had the whole world grouchy--more winter, just when we were hoping the worst of the icebox was behind us. But winter came again, first in rain, so the glaze the storm left over everything created its own kind of sparkling beauty. I had to use all four wheels of the Tracker to get out there, but I made it to one of my favorite places for the first time since the fall--the road is not maintained.

"There's a learning curve," a photographer friend told me when I bought a new camera, and there is--new camera or not. Learning curve or not, it just seems I can't get all that beauty into the camera. When I got back in the car, my fingers throbbed for twenty minutes--that's how cold it was, and that's my excuse.

There's always next week.

No comments: