Morning Thanks

Garrison Keillor once said we'd all be better off if we all started the day by giving thanks for just one thing. I'll try.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

a year of morning thanks
Yesterday's Catch

Forecasters said an inch. So much for forecasters. We got more--maybe four, maybe five. And it was pretty much cottonish, falling straight down on top of the goodly layer of snow we already had. But that new snow--and the start of the school year this week--made me get in the Tracker when it was still dark Saturday morning and look for beauty.

Once upon a time, I thought I found a quote from Pascal that goes something like this: it's necessary to keep a spot in the heart for beauty. For the life of me, I can't find it again. But if Blaise Pascal didn't say, he should have.

That's why I need my Saturday mornings.

Anyway, here's my yesterday.

1 comment:

hope42day said...

Snow here too-about 8". But I decided to write a post about it's beauty. Of course, being a Saturday and not having to go anywhere helped :)